Since 1994, the Alaska Fisheries Development Foundation (AFDF) has hosted and organized the Alaska Symphony of Seafood, an annual competition for commercial-ready, value‐added products made with Alaska Seafood. The Symphony is an exciting platform that encourages companies to invest in product development, helps them promote those new products and competitively positions Alaska Seafood in national and global markets. Product development is critically important to the entire Alaska seafood industry and the fishing communities that depend on it. Innovative new products position the industry to remain competitive and relevant to consumers. COVID-19 demonstrated how important it is to respond to shifting consumer demands.
For companies considering development of a new product, the panel will also walk through the considerations and steps required and offer resources to help support product development efforts.
Join our panel of seafood industry experts to learn more about:
• The Symphony Initiative, 2023-2024 Symphony events, and the 1st place winners
• BBRSDA’s brand, Wild Taste, Amazing Place, and collaboration with Bristol Bay fishermen
• How previous winners and entrants have leveraged the Symphony platform and continue to see increased sales and market exposure of their new products
• How product development increases the ex-vessel value of the seafood resource
• How to take an idea for a new product and turn it into a commercial-ready product
AFDF will announce the 2023-2024 1st Place Winners of the Alaska Symphony of Seafood here at the stage!